Sunday 17 July 2011

50. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.

What it's about
Lots of walking and a ring.

What I thought
The parents watched this one without me. Not sure why.

What Mum thought
Mum had seen this one before. "LoTR drinking games are fun. This film is not. Oh, how I hate Peter Jackson. From forgetting it was also Frodo's birthday at the start to... well the list is too long. Bean's death scene being a great example of Jackson's ability to screw over decent scenes. Slow motion plus sad music does not equal a sad scene."

What Dad thought
Dad had seen this one before. "If I'd have watched this before reading the book, I wouldn't have hated it. It has all the ingredients to be a fantasy I should love. Unfortunately, Jackson's choices whilst adapting the book for film were not ones I would agree with. I've had to reread the books to get the taste of the film out of my mouth. Overall 2 rings out of 10."

No comments:

Post a Comment