Saturday 16 July 2011

49. Intolerance

What it's about
Intolerance.

What I thought
The music was nice.

What Mum thought
First time for Mum. "I feel pretty bad for this, but I struggled. I can understand why it's there, for Griffith to cover such a topic in 1916 in this way, was very ambitious and... well... epic. But it seems to me to appreciate it fully you have to be a fan of the silent movie to watch it. Some scenes are spectacular, particularly within the Babylon storyline and it certainly has an impressive list of actors. But I'm more relieved we got the shorter version of it."

What Dad thought
First time for Dad. "I get the feeling some of these films are on here, not because people have watched them and decided they should be, but because of the blurb and name behind it. This film did not grab me in any way."

No comments:

Post a Comment