Saturday 12 March 2011

32. The Godfather Part II

What it's about
It's two stories, one about how the dad found the business and one about how the son ran the business.

What I thought
I liked when the band played Pop Goes The Weasel, but like the first one it's probably a film I'll like more when I'm older.

What Mum thought
Mum had seen this one before. "It's better than the first part, I love this one. The use of flashbacks really works and Robert De Niro is superb, as is Pacino. Michael can never come to terms with the fact his father's empire was built on love and respect, his on fear and violent treachery. Instead of being a mafia film, this is one which depicts brilliantly a man's struggle with himself and those around him. Brilliant, atmospheric cinematography; this film shows just how good Coppola is."

What Dad thought
Dad had seen this one before. "It is a great film. However, I wasn't in the right frame of mind to sit through it again. Why, oh why, are 90% of these films over 3 hours long!"

No comments:

Post a Comment