Tuesday 8 March 2011

28. All About Eve

What it's about
A young lady becomes friends and some theatre folk in order to become a star herself.

What I thought
I got bored and went to bed instead.

What Mum thought
Mum had seen this one before. "Although I have seen this one before, it was quite a while ago. I'm afraid I can see why I couldn't remember much about it. Baxter does a decent enough job, as does Davis, but none of the performances stand out for me. The only slightly interesting thing about it is the circular aspect of the story. The script is slow paced and far from the kind of thing that makes me laugh."

What Dad thought
First time for Dad. "Mmm, I must admit it annoys me when a film on the list of the top 100 films doesn’t reach my expectations. This film should have it all, its got a great cast and a good story but it doesn’t do anything with them.

I’m not going to go on about it in detail but it could have been so much more."

No comments:

Post a Comment