Sunday 30 January 2011

17. The Graduate

"Elaaaaiiiiine!"
What it's about
A man has an affair with an older woman, then falls in love with her daughter.

What I thought
I really liked the songs in this one. Mum sang along with a couple of them and I smiled lots. The man in it looked a bit like Dad, so I liked him.

What Mum thought
Mum's seen this before. "Another one I love. Hoffman is, as always, brilliant in his awkwardness. Great script too, with a lot of very funny lines. The film is timeless and will always be one people can identify with."

What Dad thought
First time for Dad. "Loved this film. Hoffman looks so young and gives a wonderful portrayal of an innocent young man corrupted by the older woman. Some of the techniques in filming are groundbreaking, it also has an awesome soundtrack.

The early scenes of Benjamin and Mrs Robinson together are excellent with some real laugh out loud moments. Some of Hoffman's attempts to flirt were very familiar to m. This film really belongs on the list and is one I shall be watching again."



No comments:

Post a Comment