Friday 14 January 2011

1. Citizen Kane





What it's about
When Charles Foster Kane dies, he utters the word 'Rosebud'. As the reporters attempt to find the meaning behind his final words, they discover more about Kane's past. 

What I thought
I liked the singing and silly bits of music in it. I also thought the guy with the big head was awesome, it made me feel better about my own, huge baby head! I'd like to be him when I grow up.

What Mummy thought
Mum had seen this one before. She really likes this film, although it wouldn't be her number one. "I can understand why people wouldn't like it; it is held on this huge pedestal and may not live up to someones expectations. However, nigh on everything about it is spot on, the cinematography, the acting... maybe the incidental music could have been done better... but other than that, nothing that isn't implemented perfectly."

What Dad thought
First time for Dad. He seemed to like the film but his attention did wander from time to time. He said that it had some great characterisation and was obviously ground breaking at the time it was released but now it had been imitated too often for it to have an original appeal. He also really loved the pterodactyls.

No comments:

Post a Comment